Tuesday 17 June 2014

A heavenly blog



I write this from heaven
Where I hoped I’d be
After a lifetime on earth
Of  fifty years  plus  seven.
Nice Place, yea, it’s nice
Comfy and cozy,
Cloudy and dozy,
And even the mice are nice.

Do I deserve this O Lord
After the life I’ve lived?
In your paradise I was lost
And in paradise I’m found
Its penance I warrant
Not your love, so profound.
Perhaps I was lucky,
Perhaps I was right,
For my deeds of the night
Didn’t drag me underground.

When t’was time to die,
And I wondered why…
The thoughts they,
they began to flow…
I had so much to offer
My family and its coffer
And that sadly was  
my biggest lie….
Hell began to grow.
My time was up,
 It was time to go
Where, I honestly didn’t know
I’d said my prayers, 
the answer was no,
Just one more day,
Just one more night
Before you decide O Lord
Whether  its left  or right.

Now I remember
The day I died.
Suffering for long,
 I had cried.
They stood beside me,
My family, with their eyes,
Shining  bright  
yet  rubbed  so dry,
as  from me,
 they turned away
Looked out  the window
And  sighed.

They were brave and assuring
And Loving and comforting
But it was late in the night
When in the wind I heard
Their whisper to themselves
I hope, He will make things right.
But Inside they knew, as did I
That nothing, but nothing would
Allow me to survive.

I felt the pain,
the physical strain
That I had fought and I’d fought,
And when I couldn’t
It was then that I lost,
My temper, my love, and my thought
And with it,
The will to bear,
Another needle,
another knife.
It was then and only then,
That the bliss of death
Beckoned me from life.

I went back in time, in life
To when  I was whole
And remembered with fondness
My family
and my suffering wife.
Their smiles, their laughter
At my wicked humor , and tears
With my pain and strife.
Their love, I knew
Was for the ever after.

There were times I cursed them
Their negative role
Telling me off, telling me so
But at the end,
I was right, despite being wrong.
For I knew best, and I was strong.
Now hurt and older, I became the wiser,
Sensitive to criticism, and sensitive to love
I went along,
The hawk,  a dove.

In heaven now
Its time for my rest,
Restored in full
From toe to breast,
Thank you wife  
 thank you life
and thank you Lord
For this divine nest.
Nice Place, yea, it’s nice
Comfy and cozy,
Cloudy and dozy,
And even the mice are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment